Hemorrhoids are caused due over exerting oneself during a bowel movement. One of the easiest ways to prevent it is to eat more fiber and drink more water as stools come out easier when they're full and moist. But in cases where the pain and discomfort is extreme a doctor should be consulted immediately. The home treatment method should only be used till the nature of the hemorrhoid is not risky.
1. Eating fruits like oranges, apples, bananas, prunes, grapefruits, mangos, watermelon, grapes and cherries enhances the digestion process. Food products like bread, white flour products, and sodas should be avoided as they lead to constipation. Physical activities like running, walking, swimming etc. should be added to your daily regime.
2. Avoid making the hemorrhoids worse by blotting the anus gently after bowel movements with white toilet paper moistened with water or a cleansing agent or with moistened, medicated pads. Avoid rubbing the anal area, and avoid soaps with perfumes or dyes.
1. Apply ice packs on the affected areas.
2. Sitz bath, which is a small tub and is specially designed to allow the soaking of hemorrhoids without taking a bath. In this process the rectal area is soaked in hot water for 15-20 minutes about 3-4 times a day. Not only does this helps relieve symptoms but also aids shrinkage of the hemorrhoid.
3. Applying medicated creams will help you get rid of itching and scratching and help you heal over time.
4. Buy a doughnut shaped cushion. They are available in pharmacies and medical supply stores and can be useful to hemorrhoid sufferers. Try and sit on it as instructed.
5. Try and practice healthy bowel habits. Avoid straining your self while passing stool. Don't hold your breathe will on the bowel. Get off the toilet as you are finished.
6. Drink lots of water as it smoothens your stool passage.
7. Herbal methods - Japanese pagoda tree extract, horse chestnuts and butcher's broom have been proven to be some of the best herbal supplement for naturally treating hemorrhoids.